Scout Oath (or Promise)
"On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country, and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."
The Boy Scouts program builds boys mentally, physically, socially, and spiritually. The skills they learn in Scouting help them overcome obstacles and challenges with courage and character throughout their lives.
Aims - what we try to do...
- Character - self confidence (outdoor skills, social skills, leadership)
- Citizenship - democratic representation; responsibility; love of USA
- Fitness - physical, emotional, moral discipline
Methods - how we try to do it....
- "Scout" skills - first aid; sky and map&compass navigation; ropes; woods lore
- Leadership skills - boy leaders in activities; responsibility
- Physical & Mental exercise - outdoor activities; exposure to mild stress (public speaking; peer leadership; coping with heat and cold)